View Single Post
Old 03-18-2010, 11:19 AM   #7
willd

Update...

Ok, so today I replaced the microswitch in the catch unit at the top of the windscreen - the windows were dropping when I went over bumps.

Replaced the part - and now I can get the roof motors to engage once again!

If only.......I had just replace that switch assembly in the first place, and done nothing else..... So, unfortunately, whilst trying to fix the problem, I think I've put the roof back together wrong. Or something.

Scenario: I unlatch the roof catch/lever, the windows (correctly) drop. I press the 'down' button, and the motor engages, the clam starts to open, gets about 6 inches up, then the motor starts to 'clank' like it's missing a tooth on a cog. The clam then wobbles up and down. The roof itself, doesn't move at all....
Now the interesting thing is, if you get that far, you can then manually push the roof back 3/4 of the way (like it's disconnected from the arms/motor?). At that point you need to press the button again, and the roof lowers all the way, but the clam still stays 6 inches up in the air.

When I had previously been working on the car, I loosened the 'V' arms. I can't remember why, but I did. I *suspect* that I've knocked osmething out of alignment, or left something off.....forgotten to put something back on properly....

I'm really not sure, and its impossible to see what's going on from inside the car when you're pushing the button.

Any ideas? I'm learning loads about the car, which is a good thing, at least.
I feel like I'm just inches away from having the car fully working again.......
willd is offline   Reply With Quote