Thread: Smooth as glass
View Single Post
Old 06-22-2005, 07:12 AM   #1
Porschekid

Thumbs up Smooth as glass

My car's surface was starting to feel a little rough and had some pretty bad swirling so yesterday I did a little detailing session on my car, mostly by some helpful advice from you guys. I did a wash, followed by Mothers Gold clay bar/detail spray, Zymol cleaner/polish, and Mothers Carnauba wax. Also used Meguire's leather cleaner/conditioner and some Armor-All on the interior. I also just got a new black top with a glass rear window and 5% tint all around, so the car is looking real nice right now (I'll try to get new pics soon). I Did it all by hand because I haven't got a buffer yet but I had the help of a friend which made it go alot faster. Of course, it rained last night but hopefully, it will still look good over the next few washes. Now, the questions: Does anyone recommend any of those wax as you dry products to keep the shine going for longer? Also I ussually just use tire shine on the cars black plastic parts, it that the best way to go? Anything I should use while the top is new to keep it looking new?

-thanks guys
But what is so important about driving faster than anyone else?
Lots of people go through life doing things badly. Racing's important to men who do it well.
When you're racing, it's life. Anything that happens before or after is just waiting.
Porschekid is offline   Reply With Quote