View Single Post
Old 03-16-2010, 11:32 AM   #3
Johnny Danger

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by ancster
I have searched the forum, but haven't been able to find a thread that answers my question.

What is the largest diameter wheel that will fit on the front of an '01 986 without contacting the strut/coil?

A 245/35ZR 19 on an 8J x 19H2 ET57 rim doesn't fit. Based on the tire specs, the diameter is 25.9".
Would a 235/35ZR 19 with a diameter of 25.5" work?
I all due respect, your question runs helter shelter. In order to determine proper wheel fitment, one has to first create a baseline of information and calculate accordingly. For example, what are the sizes and offsets of your current wheels ? What kind of clearance do you currently have ? What type of suspension set-up does your vehicle currently have ? And are you likely to change it ? All of these concerns have to be factored in first. There is no exactitude in this regard. However, I can tell you from experience, depending upon the offset, most enthusiasts who upgrade their boxsters typically utilize the following widths: Front: 8 to 8.5 inches Rear: 9 to 10 inches . In addition, in order to achieve correct wheel diameter, wheel (diameter) and tire size (width and aspect ratio) ideally should comport with the same diameter as the factory specifications.
Johnny Danger is offline   Reply With Quote