Thread: DME 7.2 vs. 7.8
View Single Post
Old 03-12-2010, 03:27 PM   #7
cheetah

I got the motor from someone doing a swap themselves. Motor is in perfect shape, low miles.

The 3.2L is in pieces (literally). Both halves of the engine have sleeve damage, and the entire engine is pieces on shelves right now. It was the one that was shown in Jake's thread in the fall:

Engine Carnage

The 3.4L already has the Porsche deeper sump mod, and I will be buying the 160 degree thermostat, oil pump pin, and IMS bearing from LN. I already have an underdrive pulley and headers. I am waiting on my T-body / plenum also, and that should be here soon. So the power will be quite a bit more than I have now.

I already have the 6-speed in my car, and doing the math, first and second gear are almost identical to the Cayman S. I have slightly higher numerical gears for gear 3-6. But it bolts right up.

I am doing all the work myself. The current state of the car can be seen here:

Doing it myself, the cost will be much less than a shop, of course. But there is still a lot of little things that I will be doing to make it as stock as possible. I am really excited and can't wait to get it back on the road.

I will be documenting the swap as I go...
cheetah is offline   Reply With Quote