View Single Post
Old 03-10-2010, 07:09 AM   #9
kabel

Quote:
Originally Posted by Topless
Modding cars is fun but the car doesn't really need any help.
Bingo

I have been autoxing for several years now, used to drive a mildly modified miata as well as several other well prepped autox cars... I was very surprised and impressed at the performance of my completely stock 99 boxster the first time I took it out to autox. So much so I decided to leave it completely stock.

My opinion: For autox you will see little to no advantage with steel braided brake lines, high temp fluid or any of the strut braces you mentioned. Save your money (see above).

Find yourself some sticky street tires (Yokohama Advan AD08, Dunlop Star Spec, etc.), get a solid alignment (I use factory alignment with great success), improve as a driver and you'll find your self at the head of the pack and having a ball doing it!

Once you feel you have reached a plateau from a skill level stand point, then consider an upgrade to adjustable strut and coil-over system. After that, get a second set of wheels and mount some DOT R-compound tires on them for autox

Orlando - 99 BMW M Coupe (autocross toy), '11 Mazdaspeed 3 (dog hauler), '99 10AE Miata (the new daily driver)
kabel is offline   Reply With Quote