View Single Post
Old 03-10-2010, 05:59 AM   #7
Adam

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lobo1186
my car isnt stock but I compete for fun. im not in it to win so most of the mods I have done, or would like to do or am thinking about are purely recreational in nature. of course the best way to put down better times is become a better driver.

I dont have an S so my main reason for doing some of these smaller upgrades (braces and whatnot) is since I dont have a the S model i just wanted to tighten up the steering and handling, but if they are somewhat negligible then I wont bother for now.

are there any you would suggest? as of now I have a pedro design (DIY) intake and a secondary cat delete and a muffler. Im not sure if it has really done much for me on the power side but it has lightened the ass of my car. as well as some other cheap easy things like remove spare tire and things of that sort.

I mostly compete with friend of mine and he has a stock mustang GT. hes a better driver than I am and he keeps within a few seconds of me. its a fun thing to do on the weekends and i cant wait to get back out there. Thanks for the help! (and I believe you run and have recommended the dunlop star specs and I agree they are great tires.)
Ok, with the mods you've already done you would be bumped out of stock. If you're wanting to make the car handle better then bigger sways and new struts like M030 or a coil over system like Bilstein PSS9's would help on the AX course but there will be a ride penalty on the street. For a street tire, the Star Specs are about as good as any out there so that would be a good addition. Before you go spend a bunch of money on suspension and what not I would go get a good alignment and change the tires. Just those changes will make a significant difference. I would resist the urge to mod too much at first and try to extract the extremely high performance your car is already capable of and just have fun with it. I see a lot of modded cars get smoked by less capable stock cars because driver skill is such a huge factor.
Adam is offline   Reply With Quote