Thread: Heel & Toe
View Single Post
Old 06-20-2005, 07:09 AM   #8
Adam

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lux
Method A follows the definition but method B is also acceptable. I use method B myself.

Heel/toe is not easy to do on the Boxster if you're casually braking as the pedal travel needs to travel quite a bit before your foot lines up with the gas.

If I'm casually driving where I know I'm not going to be getting on the brakes hard, I'll just blip the throttle to match revs, do the downshift, then brake before the turn. If I'm driving pretty hard, then I'll do heel/toe.

-
Exactly. The brake pedal is pretty uneven with the gas so that is why it feels so awkward for me. I see what you mean about it being easier to do under full on braking because the brake would be more "aligned" with the gas. Like you though I do like blipping the throttle to match a downshift because it is reduces clutch wear and it feels cool when you execute it just right. I find myself trying to memorize engne speeds in particular gears so I blip it just right. Hopefully with enough practice I will just be able to be spot on by feel and sound and not have to look at the tach.
Adam is offline   Reply With Quote