View Single Post
Old 03-04-2010, 08:28 AM   #1
MechanicalDan

Should I perform LN IMS update before selling like new boxster?

Hey guys, I'm new to these forums and figure all of you can help me. I am a qualified Porsche technician who picked up a boxster and nursed it back to health. At this point it's only problem is a leaking RMS. The vehicle is perfectly straight, original paint without a dent, beautiful interior, and all the right colors. It really looks like <30k miles...but in reality is just over 90k. It's a 2000 with hartop and I'd like to sell it for top dollar.
Since I will be in there fixing the rms it seams silly for me not to install the IMS retrofit kit. This car is good to go for another 60k+ miles if not for the engine issues we've seen. Are people willing to pay more for a LN updated boxster? Is it worth it to you guys when buying a Porsche? I wish I could keep this car as it's the most impressive higher mileage boxster i've ever seen. It drives superb and handles on rails. It's comfy and smooth, but I am mid build into a 2.8 951 track car. Thanks for the advise, and let me know if anyone wants to pick up a great car!
MechanicalDan is offline   Reply With Quote