View Single Post
Old 06-19-2005, 08:52 PM   #1
nautiquelfe

Unhappy Brake pad questions????????

Need some more input guys. Today while driving a red light indicating "brake wear" came on. It went off when i parked car and started back up but after 2-3 brakings . I guess the pads are worn out. I have noticed a bit of excess squeeling over the past few days, do porsche pads have those metal clips that make noise at a low pad depth. I guess since im gonna be changing pads i would like to know what brand you guys have had luck with. Im not into racing or auto cross. Just the occasional enthusiastic drive. I'm looking for a pad w/ descent life, and minimal noise. Low dust production would be a plus but is not my main concern. I would love to paint my calipers while i have everything off and am considering red and silver. I havent seen a silver kit on the market, but i will keep looking. I'd also love to go w/ slotted rotors but just dont see myself having the $$$ for that at the moment. I have access to a lathe to maching the rotors if needed. I gave a quick inspection at rotors through the tires and there does'nt seem to be any irregular wear. I guess i will have to pull em off to see if they are still un-warped or hi/low rings. :ah: