View Single Post
Old 06-18-2005, 09:38 PM   #1
SoCal

Question about 987 Stone Grey soft top

Anyone think that the new grey soft top is harder to keep clean -- or more quickly shows wear -- than the black top?

I might be interested in triple grey (seal grey metallic/stone grey interior/stone grey top). Since I've never seen that color combination in person, I went to the Newport dealership today. They have a lot of Boxsters in stock -- and not a single one with a stone grey top. Nearly all of their soft tops were black -- just a couple metropol blues.

The salesman tried to convince me to go with a black top, saying that the grey tops showed more dirt, were hard to keep looking clean, and didn't wear as well as the black. It might have all been BS, since they had no grey tops on the lot to sell.

Does anyone know if there are any of these downsides to a stone grey soft top, as compared to black?

Anyone have a picture of a new stone grey top? (I've seen some grey tops on 911s that were at least few years old, and that grey looked pretty light. I doubt it's the same color as the "stone grey" on the new Boxsters.)
SoCal is offline   Reply With Quote