View Single Post
Old 02-25-2010, 10:09 AM   #10
TriGem2k

Send a message via AIM to TriGem2k
Quote:
Originally Posted by dr_gille
Umm, thanks for your help...I think.... oh... wait, Oh NOOO!!

Sudden AMAZING REALIZATION!

I bought the WRONG CAR!

Damn, that's gonna cost....

What WAS I Thinking?

Ya know - that kind of entered my mind, when I found out that U-Haul doesn't make a hitch for it, (how am I gonna tow the bass boat?) And there's no place for my 72 quart icechest, and the ground clearance is pretty lame for offroading, and the other day, at home depot - I was just scratching my head trying to figure out how to strap a 4x8 sheet of plywood onto the convertible top. But the good thing is, with two trunks, at least it will hold a couple concrete blocks, since I'm redoing the patio out back and all....

Actually, I found that the road hugging weight of the concrete blocks actually
cancelled out the net lift of the 4x8 plywood sheet, things didn't get really scary until I got it over 110 - finally had to back it off......

But, well, on second thought, sheesh - what a nice WARM welcome response to my FIRST post on this board -
Dr, luckily you picked up the "S" model that has enough power to haul all that golly gee wizz stuff around.

Didn't realize it was your first post! Welcome to the fourm! Now, in all seriousness have you thought about going to the OEM 16" wheels and tires? This would give you the comfort your looking for and still being within all OEM specs. They are pretty cheap to pick up on ebay...

Not sure about the rear but when I had my factory 17's I had 225/45/17 in the front. I believe these have a slightly higher sidewall than the stock 205/50/17.

Good Luck Doc!
-Side Skirts
-Gemballa Exhuast and Cats
-O.Z. Racing 18" Wheels
--18X8.5Front 18X10 Rears
-Michilen PS Tires 225/40/18 & 285/30/18
-5mm Rear Spacers
-Porsche Door Sills
-H&R Springs
-Powerflow Intake
-B&M Short Shifter
-Pioneer Avic-F90BT Navigation