View Single Post
Old 02-22-2010, 01:57 PM   #27
husker boxster

Quote:
Originally Posted by lowmiler
So I researched offset for the Carrera lobster claws. Found a car on this site with them. et57 for the front and et46 for the back. Wheel size is 19x8 front and 19x9.5 back. Are the ones that came factory for the boxster different? BTW, I love your car! Did you paint the wheels black or did the come that way?
The numbers you quote are correct for a 987. I'm not an authority on whether they will work on a 986 (19s were never a factory option on a 986). Others will need to chime in. The thing you have to watch are offsets listed for rear wheels. 997 / 996 rear wheel offsets are generally et65. Wheel stores say these wheels will fit a Box, which is correct if you want to slap a big spacer on. But it sounds like you're looking at a set of wheels that are designed for a Box. Offset determines how far in and out a wheel sits on the hub. You want to be sure there's enough room to miss suspension pieces, e-brake cables, and fender wells. Buy a set of wheels with the wrong offset and you've made an expensive mistake.

I previously had an 01S and bought a set of 18" Carrera S wheels from Wheel Dynamics. I see they currently don't offer them in 18", so maybe they're no longer available.

Thx for the compliment. Limited Editions came with the wheels in black from the factory. I'm generally not a fan of black wheels but think they work well in this situation.
2008 Boxster S Limited Edition #005
2008 Cayman S Sport - Signal Green
1989 928 S4 5 spd - black
1987 928 S4 - Granite Green Metallic (Felsengrun)
husker boxster is offline   Reply With Quote