View Single Post
Old 02-18-2010, 07:15 AM   #17
cas951

Difference between the three.

Well. The 986S I ended up giving to my son. I didn't really care to drive it anymore since having the 987S. Selling it was worthless since 986 market is so bad. I haven't driven the 986 since I've had the 987.

The 987S vs. 951S? Completely different cars but both are well balanced in their own way. The 987S wins by a long margin since the power band is all around vs. the 951S has turbo lag till about 3k rpm. The 987S make you smile every time you floor it. The acceleration is no comparison to the 986S. The exhaust tone from the sport exhaust just make me smile and sounds completely different from other 986S that I've driven. I love it. My son in law has a 2003 986S and my brother has a 2003 986. it's been a month since I've had it and I think I've put on maybe 225 miles or so. It's not our daily driver. Drop the top down and drive fairly aggressive and that's when you really feel the beauty of a 987S or any Boxster. I let my Daughter's boyfriend drive the car. He is a BWM guy who used to have a M Coupe and a 335i and also used to be a race car driver for the Star Mazda series. Man did he have a grin on his face. He actually said this made him actually like a Boxster which he didn't before.

The 951s has the balance of a Boxster, power for long straights or freeways. It will be a dog if driven on short straights or city streets. It needs room to stretch it's gears. Once above 3k and on long open freeways this car is a blast. I don't think my 987s will match. This car is rarely driven 1000 miles a year.
cas951 is offline   Reply With Quote