View Single Post
Old 02-16-2010, 10:45 AM   #14
23109VC

the spacers do have a hubcentric ring built into them... at least I think that's what you call it. teh spacer has a little lip/ring along it that the wheel then goes onto... it's not just a flat spacer, it has some kind of ring built into it to guide the wheel onto it...

the bolts are extended, but I do agree they are different. IIRC, my OEM bolts had an extra thing on them, not sure what you call it, but it was like two piece bolt..ther was somethign somewhat loose near the head that probably helped them seat into the wheel perfectly flat. the new extended bolts just look lke bit long cheap bolts.

I found this pic on the H&R site...the spacers I got from maxspeed look simila to these..

[IMG]http://www.************************************************************/images/Porsche/Large/l_P910262.jpg[/IMG]

but teh bolts are more basic looking..

one option is to just try and remove/reinstall/retorque my wheels as-is and see how it works. if the shimmy is still there, then pull the spacers off totally, retorque and see if it goes away.

if I can get the vibration to go away w/out the spacers, that solves my problem..and I didn' thave to pay for rebalancing.

if the problem persists, I can then pursue rebalancing all four wheels.

i have seen quite a few people here who run spacers...so I was sort of hoping to find out if in general - spacers are considered a bad idea, or if they are fine.

i only did them b/c I thought the car looked better with them on, but I'm not opposed to removin them.

i'm not going to upgrade wheels and buy widers wheels..I have OEM turbo twist 18s and I like how they look. my only issue was they dind't fill out the wheel wells quite enouhg...but if spacers are in general - a bad idea and creat problems, i'll pull them off and sell them.

thanks.
2006 RL - My daily driver
2000 Boxster - Ocean Blue Base 5spd on Black Full leather. 18" wheels and M030.

Boxster mods I've added: Rear speaker kit, Painted Calipers, Painted Bumperettes, Painted Center Console, 987 Shifter Assembly, 3 Spoke Steering Wheel, Clear side markers, 03+ rear lights, de-snorkeled.
23109VC is offline   Reply With Quote