View Single Post
Old 06-15-2005, 08:21 PM   #5
SoCal

I can see the "MSRP" on each of the options, but I can't find any "invoice" price for any of the options. I must not be making myself clear.

For example, the site shows the following:

For the Boxster:
Base Retail (MSRP): $43,800
Base Invoice: $38,172

For the Boxster S:
Base Retail (MSRP): $53,100
Base Invoice: $46,314

When you go to the options, there is a list for the MSRP for each option in the far right column, as you say. But in the next-to-the-right column, for the Invoice prices, it says "Not Listed" for each option.

There are lots of places where you can find the MSRP for each option (the official PorscheUSA.com site, for one), but I've yet to find any site that shows the "invoice" from the manufacturer to the dealer -- i.e., what the dealer is paying wholesale.

In other words, for the S, the base MSRP (no options) is $53,100, but the "Invoice" price is $46,314. So you can see the markup, and thus the dealer profit for the S, is $6,786, exclusive of options.

But unless I can find the invoice prices for the options, I won't know the markup for each option. For example, some of the options I might want have a surprisingly high MSRP -- like the fancy Bose system. I might be able to negotiate a better (and fair) price with the dealer if I knew the margins/markup/dealer profit on the different options.
SoCal is offline   Reply With Quote