View Single Post
Old 02-08-2010, 11:14 AM   #9
DamageINC123

Quote:
Originally Posted by Roxy
Camber and toe are adjusted by the eccentrics on the inner ends of the lower control arms on the rear suspension. The top of the strut is non adjustable.
Tyre pressures will have little to do with tryres wearing on one side only.
This is normaly caused by the relationship and balance between camber and toe in. This also varies between the front and rear tyres.
On the rear I would look for some negative camber possibly -1/2deg. with .5mm toe in each side. As an example if you used -1deg negative you would use .8mm or 1mm toe in. each side. As there is 2 adjusters on the rear both have to be adjusted together to get the correct figures.
The workshop must have the machine to adjust front and rear together otherwise you are wasting your time and money.
I have been alighning cars (race and road) for over 35 years if you need any more info let me know.
I will be aligning my 986 2003 in the next week after just fitting some new Pirrelli Rosso's so if you want the correct figures to set your car to I will post them as soon as I can.
One of the most important things in the set up is if you want 1.6mm overall it is no good having 1.6 one side and 0mm on the other. The care will crab sideways and be nervous around corners. There is a lot more info I can give you I have to go. Roxy
Please post figures when possible. Thanks
DamageINC123 is offline   Reply With Quote