View Single Post
Old 02-07-2010, 09:40 AM   #2
Lobo1186

Garage
these are all taken from another thread:
"
1. Check your foam dray trays in the convertible top well for any rips, tears or gouges. This can happen if/when the pushrod's plastic ball cup breaks apart, thereby allowing the pushrod to dangle and then dig into the drain tray when the V-lever rotates.

2. Check to make sure the drains in the convertible top well are not clogged.

3. Also make sure that you are not getting water past your door panel, which will occur if someone replaced the window regulator and did not reseal the plastic membrane to the inner door metal.

BTW, if you get water on the other side (driver's side), you are looking at a big $$$ repair, because the central alarm control unit under the seat will likely get fried. So make sure you check and clean out your drains frequently."

quoted from schoir.

thread 1 on renntech

also from schoir:

"If you think water is coming in through the top of the window because it's not sealing properly, you can adjust the final point to which the window will travel by raising the window glass bracket via its adjustment screw (torx screw).

You can access the adjustment screws (two of them, one on the front leg and one on the rear leg of the window regulator) through an access hole on the bottom horizontal surface of the door shell. There are rubber plugs that you have to pull out and then you can stick your torx screw driver in there with the window at its lowest position to make the adjustments, front and back.

I wrote this up on RennTech a while ago. If I find the link I'll post it here.
"
here is his link

hope this helps
Lobo1186 is offline   Reply With Quote