View Single Post
Old 02-05-2010, 10:14 AM   #1
Anim

Thumbs down So, I phoned Porsche today and they told me that it never snows in the UK!

Well not quite but I'm getting a bit pissed off with the tyre approval system they force upon us.

I want some "All Season Tyres" as it keeps getting below zero degrees where I live, snows a fair bit and the N rated summer tyres are like driving with plastics wheels.

It's fact that below 7 degrees the compound in a summer tyre hardens more so than normal and doesn't get warm at all. This = very dangerous.

So, I phone my local Porsche centre and say "Service please......Hi, can you tell me what All Season tyres I can purchase for my Boxster?" The response was an "Errrrrr" so I explained that there are tyres for summer known as Ultra Performance tyres, there are tyres for Winter and there are All Season Tyres that attempt to do both.

The lady from services, although was very nice said she would have to call me back.

She called me back and said there are none. You can not get anything other than N rated summer tyres, there are no all season tyres available in the UK at all.

That rattles me. I thought safety would be something that Porsche take seriously.

when the lady said "is there anything else I can help you with" I said "How busy is the body shop this time of year?"

All in a joking way of course!

Anim
Anim is offline   Reply With Quote