View Single Post
Old 02-04-2010, 12:03 PM   #19
23109VC

FWIW - I installed a set of the sylvania silverstars...and I can't say I really noticed much difference at all. the ones I bought were the "better" ones that were supposed to be more pure white or whatever they call it... to me, they do NOT look like litronics/HIDs at all.

both of my Acuras have true xenon lights, which look more bluish white....compared to the more yellow look of halogens... the silverstars I put in look like halogens to me...

if I were you, and your bulb burned out, why not put in something good...but honestly, if you want to get that "xenon" look..just get litronics. not cheap..but if you're going to do it, do it right.

if you want to get some "bluish" look in there - you could change out the running light that is inside the headlight assembly with a blue / hyper white LED...

I would recommend a hyper white LED style light for the license plate lights. I put a set of LEDs in my license plate light..and I really like how that looks. at night, from the rear, the light looks much brighter, whiter, cleaner. it looks nice. It makes the car look "newer"..that's the description I got from some "non car people" who I showed it to..

the LEDs for the license plate are not that expensive....

i also bought some for the doors and the dome light. they don't look "blue" they look like pure white instead of the yellowish color from the OEM bulbs.

I'd avoid true "colored" bulbs as, honestly, that doesn't "fit" on a car like a Porsche. the LEDs that are hyper white may be described by some people to have a "bluish" tint, but really they are a truer white and the lack of all teh yellow makes them seem bluish..but they don't look "blue/purple" like hte ricer lights.
2006 RL - My daily driver
2000 Boxster - Ocean Blue Base 5spd on Black Full leather. 18" wheels and M030.

Boxster mods I've added: Rear speaker kit, Painted Calipers, Painted Bumperettes, Painted Center Console, 987 Shifter Assembly, 3 Spoke Steering Wheel, Clear side markers, 03+ rear lights, de-snorkeled.

Last edited by 23109VC; 02-04-2010 at 12:08 PM.
23109VC is offline   Reply With Quote