View Single Post
Old 02-03-2010, 11:13 AM   #8
gschotland

Quote:
Originally Posted by CRCGuy
While still on the hunt for my first Boxster, I'm struggling to find actual photos of either of the two green colors (987). I've always liked a green car with tan interior but seems they are very rare. Anyone have photos??

I assume this must be a less-than-desirable color. Any thoughts on what that would do to resale value or even ability to sell? not that I will likely EVER sell it once I get it. Have been dreaming about a Boxster for years...
crcguy
If you're buying used then the exclusivity (or lack of desirability, depending on your perspective) of this color has been factored into the price you're paying and will once again be factored in when/if you sell. Anyone who's paying big $ to special ordering a color like that or using totally custom sample matching service probably isn't too concerned about resale. They're buying because they like it and you should do the same. You only live once.

My guess is green's one of those colors that many people appreciate but when it comes down to signing on the dotted line probably wouldn't want to own, particularly for a premium. Kind of the way I feel about "arrest me" red and "look at me" yellow.
gschotland is offline   Reply With Quote