View Single Post
Old 02-01-2010, 01:01 PM   #2
gschotland

Flat6Innovations did mine. ~$3500 labor & materials including the IMS bearing, new clutch, new RMS, oil change, pre & post installation dyno runs, and 100+ miles of test drive/break in by Jake before I took possession. The only thing I supplied was a new flywheel. I believe their rate is $110/hr, but they do a flat rate deal, which is good should there be issues with removal of the old bearing (happens occasionally, they said).

My car had 70k mi at the time and was on the original clutch. The clutch didn't seem bad (until I got the new one), and Jake said I might have been able to get another 5-10k miles out of it, but why bother. A clutch kit costs as little as $400 online and the flywheel, if you need one, another $450 or so. Unless your clutch has got a substantial amount of life left, this probably isn't the place to try and save a few bucks. The RMS replacement is standard practice when doing the IMS, and the parts costs is ~$100, so again this isn't a place to save money. The labor's the real cost. If you're going to do it, do it right, then you'll have a lot less worries.

Last edited by gschotland; 02-01-2010 at 01:10 PM.
gschotland is offline   Reply With Quote