View Single Post
Old 01-31-2010, 09:47 AM   #9
CRCGuy

Chris,

Actually, you do have a good point. I'm doing just that in parallel. But I'm finding they are more like 40- 50% more here (in Switzerland or Germany). Are you sure you converted correctly from Euros? and you're right, I could just sell it. But there is something strange here. I spoke with a mechanic while waiting to meet with sales guy. mechanic spoke perfect english. He asked what model I was looking at. I said Boxster, but just a little nervous about reliability vs 911. we started discussing the motor issues, IMS etc from earlier models. he said they've never had a single engine failure at the shop. he's been there for the past 9 years. He said he's never seen any major issues on a Boxster. worst thing he's seen was a fried top motor. got me wondering if there is a difference in Boxsters intended for USA market vs EU. wouldn't surprise me. they do that kind of thing here. I see it all the time in other things (e.g. appliances). They send the crap to America--assuming they won't know the difference. And most times they're right. Our standard for Quality is different (read: lower) than it is here.

Almost everything here is about 1.5 times the cost in the USA. I just priced a new 987 with manual tranny, sports exhaust, PCM w/nav, sports seats and I'm at $105,000. most of the used 987s in the 2007/8 range are around $75-85k. it's disgusting. I can buy a 911 in the USA for the same coin as a boxster S here. again, the depreciation is not as great as the USA because they just don't seem to have the problems here that they do in USA. Would love to see some actual data. Could also be they drive them here like they were designed (read: autobahn)

But I'll take a look at the reference you cited. haven't been there. I was using autoscout. for entertainment, have a look.

http://www.autoscout24.ch/AS24Web/List.aspx?wl=1&lng=ger&from=Search&zipcountry=CH&make=57&model=1955&yearfrom=2006&yearto=2010&cur=CHF&total=72&eftotal=72&navpos=110&carsperpage=&page=3

check out 911 prices. it's crazy.... it's in german but easy to figure out!

crcguy
CRCGuy is offline   Reply With Quote