View Single Post
Old 01-30-2010, 08:59 AM   #77
mikefocke

I tend to think the Porsche owners

may be a bit more involved with their cars than the average brand owners. So they tend to be connected to each other and the way we do that these days is on the net.

You also see lots of postings about other problems. How many times has the ignition switch come up? Or rear tire wear? RMS? But it is the last 18 months when the IMS failures suddenly became identified and we started talking about them. It helped to have an article in Excellence. And a rebuilder willing to talk in some of the forums.

I bought my car third hand, paid less than 40% of the original cost, its 8 years old and 56k miles. Why does Porsche owe me anything?

Stuff happens. Deal with it. If you can solve the problem with money, on the scale of things it isn't such a big problem, is it? It is only a car, not a family member.

And if you bought it not knowing stuff happens to any brand of car...well then just shame on you. It isn't like info on possible failures isn't publicly available for the price of a search.

Only thing wrong about my Boxster is there is a half inch of ice on the roads and I have summer tires.
mikefocke is offline   Reply With Quote