View Single Post
Old 06-13-2005, 06:57 PM   #12
Adam

I would take the 987 S over a 3.4L 996. I'm not sure if you were looking at 3.6's or the 3.4L's though. One nice thing with the 987 or even later model 986's is you pretty much have a choice whether you want to drive a convertible or basically a coup. The top works so well up I often just put it up if I want a more coup like experience. Or you can even take it a step further and get the auxillary hardtop. With a tin-top you can never have it both ways. Plus the car does 0-60 in 5 flat and handles like it's on rails. How can you go wrong with a 987 S?

On a side note, I finally got a chance to look over a 987 S up close and personnal this past weekend. The only odd thing I saw was the intake side of the engine. I peered through the grill and the thing had a plastic "plate" that looked like it nearly completely obstructed air-flow. No snorkel or hole could be seen. I know it must breath very good but I dont see how with that thing in the way. I checked the other side and it had the exhaust cooling fan just like the 986 so I was kinda puzzled on that one. I asked the dealer from FL who brought the car with him and he was puzzled too when I asked him about it.

Last edited by Adam; 06-13-2005 at 07:15 PM.
Adam is offline   Reply With Quote