View Single Post
Old 01-28-2010, 08:17 AM   #1
gssereik

99 Boxster hot start problems - Vapor lock symptoms

My 1999 Boxster recently began having a problem... The car starts fine when cold. But once the engine warms up and then is turned off, it will not re-start. When trying to re-start, the lights all come on and the starter turns the engine over briskly. But it will not start. Like it is not getting a spark or is not getting fuel. But then if you let it sit for a couple of hours or more it will start right up. And it will always start the next day! It just recently began doing this. The first time I got a tow home. The second time, I drove it around to warm up and it ran just fine but then when i pulled into driveway and shut it down, it would not re-start. Lately I don't drive the Boxter very much. I do drive it at least once per week but usually only drive it around for 10-15 miles max. The Check Engine Light has not turned on. I have an OBD-II code reader that works on my other (non-porsche) cars but I don't know if it captures Porsche codes. At any rate, i did run the code search procedure but no codes were found. Not sure that I trust it though... Is it possible for a code to exist in the Boxsters computer but no Check Engine Light? I am not sure where to begin... thanks, George
gssereik is offline   Reply With Quote