View Single Post
Old 01-26-2010, 01:48 PM   #12
Jaak

Quote:
Originally Posted by Johnny Danger
Jaak,

At the risk of sounding immodest, when it comes to boxsters and caymans, nobody knows wheel fitment better than me. If you can clarify just exactly what you are attempting to do, I can advise you accordingly. Incidentally, whoever told you that you cannot utilize a 19 inch wheel on a boxster should take up bird watching. Probably 99.99% of all boxster and caymans enthusiasts who upgrade their wheels opt for a 19 inch application (that in itself is another discussion). If you can provide me with the exact specs of these wheels and I will gladly calculate the fitment for you.

Johnny

p.s. In regards to the cayman wheels that you referenced, its most likely the rears that are 9.5 inches , not all around. Porsches always have a staggered wheel set.
Hi Johnny,

please see the ad for the rims/wheels a few posts above. That is the information I am going by. I am not familiar with the 2006 19" Camen rims that he has for sale and how they would fit on my 2002 Boxster S. The new cars I know have a 19" chart associated with the cars, have not found one for my 2002 S. The stock wheels on mine are boring and takes away from the car and my earlier attempt failed thanks to UPS ...

Friends P-Car shop did not recommend the 19"s for mine .. on newer cars he said would be OK.

Thanks for the assistance,

Jaak

PS ... I know about the staggered sizes (this is my second Porsche in 7 years, hang around friends shop) but I can only go by what is in the ad. Don't want to assume ...

2010 Ford F150 FX4 Luxury

Retired after 38 years with the same company.

Last edited by Jaak; 01-26-2010 at 01:51 PM.
Jaak is offline   Reply With Quote