Thread: Lower??
View Single Post
Old 01-23-2010, 06:12 AM   #2
blue2000s
Porscheectomy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Quickurt
The general consensus of my friends at Brumos, yesterday, was "Bad ASS!!" when they saw my Box with the new wheels and Cayman side grilles.
The parts and service managers offered me about $400 bucks off the $1500 parts and labor cost for lowering it 3/4" (20mm).
What do you guys think, will I be able to get speeding tickets in a parking spot????
I'm torn on the trade off between looking soooooooo cool and the problems of banging/dragging the front end on the ground at every driveway.
I already have a scrape on the bottom of the spoiler from a really steep switchback in NW North Carolina.

Oh! And I LOVE the new front end and headlights on the 2010 Boxster S. Pics didn't do that much for me, but in person.........WOW!
Are they offering to lower it with the RoW suspension? If so, it's 20 in front and 10 in back. I'm pretty careful with my car and I still scrape the stock bumper every once in a while with my RoW. Some driveways and run-off dips are just impossible to judge and avoid. These cars have alot of front overhang.

Having said that, the handling is fantastic. I wouldn't lower it any further but I don't regret it one bit.
blue2000s is offline   Reply With Quote