View Single Post
Old 01-21-2010, 05:55 PM   #1
aparmex

Zeintop, Some Solution To Squeaking And Fittment Issues

Hi recently I bought a zeintop DIY kit like 3 months ago, it took for me like 3 weeks to get the zeintop fitted and painted I was delighted with how much improved the looks of my boxster but the problem started when I began to drive the car, I was shocked on how much squeaking and noises where everwhere, since then I had been trying diferents ways to reduce that problem, I am exposing here 3 ways to reduce the squeaking problem on the zeintop like in 40% if any of you guys who have zeintops have any other solution I would appreciate so much, letīs share in this thread all the solutions to zeintop problems and we all will have a better solution over all, ok?

the first thing that I solved and made a hugh difference in the fittment and looks is that I put a plate and a bolt to press as much as possible the spinlocks because they were moving so much and all the zeintop was very loose causing all kinds of squeaking, doing this also solves the problem with the fitting of the zeintop lowering it without the need to remove the soft top, here is the picture, it was easy to do if you have someone who know how to weld....
aparmex is offline   Reply With Quote