View Single Post
Old 01-21-2010, 10:01 AM   #7
23109VC

If it were my car, and I wasn't planning on selling it immediately, I would want it fixed perfectly. That means pulling off the bumper and respraying it.

there are quality body shops that can do a good job and it will look as good as new...likely your car has some degree of rock chips / scuffs - and it will look BETTER after it's repaired than it did before it was hit...

if the damage truly is soooo minimal that buffing it will remove them, then you might try that route first, and if it doesnt' correct it - then opt for the repaint.

take photos of the incident so if you ever do sell, and a potential buyer comments on it looks liek it was painted, you can document that it was minor. make sure the body shop you go to is top notch.

if you scour the internet in your area, you should be able to find out what body shop is the "place" you want to go to. over the years, I've had a handful of experiences with various body shpos - like any business / service / profession - they are NOT all equal.

there are places that do professional quality work and there are places that will do poor work.

find out where the local car clubs go... or where the local high end dealers go for their body work. do you have a dealership nearby that sells Ferraris or other high dollar exotics? where do they go for work? my guess is the Ferrari dealers don't send their cars to the low end shops...

Obviously, the fact that a shop works on $$ cars is no gaurantee that they will do good work on your car - but I think in general, the dealers and owners of high dollar exotic cars are willing to pay for the best when it comes to taking care of their cars and they know where to go. id' rather go to the place THEY go than just pick some random shop out of the yellow pages.

good luck.
2006 RL - My daily driver
2000 Boxster - Ocean Blue Base 5spd on Black Full leather. 18" wheels and M030.

Boxster mods I've added: Rear speaker kit, Painted Calipers, Painted Bumperettes, Painted Center Console, 987 Shifter Assembly, 3 Spoke Steering Wheel, Clear side markers, 03+ rear lights, de-snorkeled.
23109VC is offline   Reply With Quote