View Single Post
Old 06-12-2005, 04:28 PM   #1
RENNX

Center console lock?

Hey everyone, GREAT website. My wife thought I had issues when I owned a 300Z, she's ready to leave me now that I got a Boxster! You're all a very supportive and informative bunch and I look forward to learning more and more about my new baby.

I picked up a Boxter that the original owner added the arm rest and cup holder add-on to the back of the center console. It was a sub par job to say the least. I just dismantled it and got it back to normal. However, he had removed the original lock and I am left with a hole in teh console. Am I able to pick up a replacement lock for the stock console? It looks fairly chewed up, so I wasn't sure what my options are.

I was also curious how easy it is to remove the CD/Tray area below the stereo. I believe it's referred to as a "Console Delete"? Are there any surprises back there? Am I in need of a panel to push wiring up? Will there be any carpet issues?

OR

Has anyone done a custom "Bass Sub" addon in that area for the stereo system? Possible a mini-tube?
RENNX is offline   Reply With Quote