View Single Post
Old 06-12-2005, 04:27 PM   #6
Brucelee

No offense taken.

I have a great relationship with my local dealer for service and parts. Obviously, they know I turf them LOTS of business so I get treated somewhat differently I think. Having said that, they are a quality shop indeed.

IF IT WERE ME, during the warranty period, I would use a Porsche dealer to do the regular services. Why? Because doing this build rapport and in general, gets them on your side re: warranty work/claims.

I have seen this work to my advantage in several instances.

Having said that, when I have an out of warranty car and we are talking routine service, I will often have my non-Porsche mechanic do the work.

That does save some dough.

Re: the engine mods issue. It is my understanding that Porsche USA has requested that dealers note any mods made by customers. The factory is concerned (rightfully so I think) that customers are messing with the car, then asking Porsche to fix something that might have been from the mod.

This is not new and not specific to Porsche. Years back, Chevrolet and I had some dancing around some Corvette mods I made, but that is another matter.

Brucelee is offline   Reply With Quote