View Single Post
Old 06-12-2005, 04:10 PM   #5
Adam

I'm guessing because routine maintence is not covered by warranty and dealer prices are typically higher. Actually the 30k is really a pretty easy DIY job and taking it to the dealer isn't necessary(except for pre-00 cars which are more difficult because a spark plug change is recammend but still doable by all means). I talked to a Bosch rep today at Porsche Fest and he said the platinum plugs in the 00+ cars are good for 100k miles BTW. No offense Brucelee, but the more I find out about the Porsche dealerships, the more I try to avoid them. I haven't seen my dealer since the day it left the lot almost 2 yrs ago. I found out some interesting things this weekend. A rep from Billy Boat said that Porsche Dealerships take notes on any noticable engine mods that have been done to the car and enter it into a Dealership database so other dealers are able to access this info. In essence he was saying that if you put headers for instance on your car and have engine problems you are basically flagged if any dealership finds out and none of them will honer the warranty if they don't feel like it. I'm not sure if this is true, but it causes serious concern with me. I think if I ever run into any non-warranty related issues with my car I can not handle, I will be going to an independent shop as well...plus I may save some green by going independent.

Last edited by Adam; 06-12-2005 at 04:13 PM.
Adam is offline   Reply With Quote