Thread: Optima Battery
View Single Post
Old 01-18-2010, 09:43 AM   #4
JFP in PA

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dougs986
My Boxster is a 2003 model. The positive cable was relatively tight on the Moll (OEM - I think that's the brand) battery. It's the same battery that was used on the 993's - I don't have the model number with me at the moment. I wonder if some Boxsters use a different (wider) model battery than the 2003's? I'll add the model number to this thread tonight when I get home.

For the most part, 986/987 have all used the same size battery (group 48). The actual issue is the positive cable, which is sometimes shorter. The year and base/S model does not seem to matter; sometimes the cable is just shorter. Replacing the positive cable with a longer one is a 5 min. affair, and just about any auto parts store can supply you with a longer one for a few bucks; so it is no big thing.

Most likely, some kraut bean counter figured out a way to save five cents a car by shortening the cable two inches..........