Thread: First track day
View Single Post
Old 06-11-2005, 06:49 AM   #5
limoncello

Cost was $200 for the day, all inclusive. That covered 5 outings at 20 minutes each, AND the instructor. Good deal. Solo is even less. Also had hour and a half of classroom before going out.

The folks at CMP run a good operation. Thanks to them and to my instructor Lynn Wike, who greatly improved my driving.

Does anybody know where to get the Tyco tape (looks like duct tape but ISN'T.) People used it to make numbers, also to proect edges of fender wells from stonechips. Easier to apply than the carpet protector. (Imagine holing a piece to sticky plastic 2 feet by 1 foot that likes to stick to itself. You can trap yourself when your hands get wrapped up in it - and I hated to ask my wife to unstick me.)

The plastic carpet protector worked. Pulled it off - was clean underneath. The one small area at the top of the wheel arches had some stonechips - shoulda gone all around the opening. But other than that and some tar, it washed up pretty good. Now the interior.... different story. Still trying to figure how to get the dust/sand out of the carpet. Vacuumed twice & some is still there. Might run down to the local car wash - their vac is more powerful.

Sorry no photos. I tavelled light since you have to take everything out of the trunks when on the track, & no where to store stuff. Although I found that all the folks with trailers were more than happy to share seats, shade tents, tools - very good crowd.

Wife did give me a little static about sleeping in the helmet the night before.
limoncello is offline   Reply With Quote