View Single Post
Old 01-11-2010, 10:40 AM   #13
Boxtaboy
07 Carrera S Cab

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by jimdturner
So what's it like taking off the old emblem and putting hte new on? The long tail on the B of my original factory emblem is coming off due to snagging it with a wash mitt, and I'm not sure how to fix it.
Taking off old emblem is easy. Just use a strip of dental floss and run it below the badge, and it will come right off. The hard part is trying to get that same badge back on because what's used is a thin layer of 3M double sided foam emblem tape. You can buy that at the autoparts store, but the difficult part is reapplying it to the badge and cutting it to size. I think that's why dealers just sell the new replacements for around $30 bucks.

Putting the PORSCHE badge on was pretty simple even though they were all individual letters:
1) Put a long strip of painters tape along the length of the trunklid where you want the letters to sit right above.
2) Measure where the dead center is to apply the middle letter (S)
3) Apply half inch strips of tape (the spacing I wanted between each letter) to the left and right of the S, and then affix the next letter to the right and left until finished.

Previous: 01 Boxster in Arctic Silver, 86 944 in Guards Red
Boxtaboy is offline   Reply With Quote