View Single Post
Old 01-08-2010, 11:00 PM   #5
gschotland

This might be a good excuse to join the Porsche Club of America (PCA). In my region (Northern NJ) there are number of dealers that offer 10% off parts and labor for members. It doesn't take much to cover the cost of a $60 membership and you'll get two nice magazines monthly, the national and the local. Buy one key plus programming and you'll have almost paid for membership.

I buy most of my parts and maintenance supplies mail order, but I do buy a few things here and there from the local dealer with the hope that they'll remember me - and not screw me - if I come in with a problem that only a dealer can take care of, which hasn't happened yet, or need a dealer only item on short notice.

My '02 S came with one key w/remote head and one valet key (no head). I thought about getting just a head for the valet key and then decided to get another key w/head because programming at the dealer was going to cost me $120 no matter what and it's the head that costs. I bought the key from the dealer. With the PCA discount it wasn't that more more from the dealer.

BTW, I agree with the other poster about threatening to sue the dealer about the key. He absolutely knew about that problem. He owes you at least one key without issues. Ask him once to take care of it and tell him if he doesn't you'll sue for two keys, which will cost him even more. He'll screw you around hoping you'll go away. When that happens, just file. A complaint with the Better Business Bureau, which will cost you nothing, is definitely worth trying as well. Either way you'll clean his clock and get what you're entitled to.
gschotland is offline   Reply With Quote