View Single Post
Old 01-06-2010, 10:51 AM   #5
23109VC

I woudl suspect that a total repaint "the right way" would be big money.

My car recently had a VERY minor hit. the ONLY part that really needs to be replaced is the front left fender. My bumper cover ONLY nees paint. they are going to paint the fender, bumper cover, and blend into the surrounding areas.... JUST that minimal damage is going to be roughly $3000.

keep in mind, the body shop I went to, from personal experience, and reputation, is a "high end" shop that routinely works on $$$ and exotics. I believe their prices and work quality ar eon the upper end... given the "minimal" areas they are painting and the cost...I would suspect to do the WHOLE car - would be 2-3 time sthat amount... not worth it.

I agree with what anothe person said - you can probably make the car look AMAZING just by havin ga really good detail / polish job. If you have lots of rock chips - you might consider having the front end repainted or take it to a restoration place that can address the rock chips w/out a full blwon respray. then just have the sides, rear, trunk, etc all fully polished.

my car is a 2000....with 75k miles...it has a substantial amount of rock chips to the hood/nose - but the sides and rear of the car look amazing still. unles you hae damage that needs to be repaired, I would htink you could accomplish what you want w/out resorting to a $10000 paint job...

given how little older boxsters are worth - putting anyting substantial into a paint job seems like a bad idea. I'd opt for polishing, touch up, etc.

I'm ONLY having my front end repainted because someone backed into my car and their insurance is now footing the bill. maybe you can hang out in parking lots and pray someone rams you??
2006 RL - My daily driver
2000 Boxster - Ocean Blue Base 5spd on Black Full leather. 18" wheels and M030.

Boxster mods I've added: Rear speaker kit, Painted Calipers, Painted Bumperettes, Painted Center Console, 987 Shifter Assembly, 3 Spoke Steering Wheel, Clear side markers, 03+ rear lights, de-snorkeled.
23109VC is offline   Reply With Quote