Thread: Blown Engine
View Single Post
Old 01-06-2010, 07:45 AM   #54
tony0214

Failures

Quote:
Originally Posted by Boxtaboy
All I can say is it is a shame you are being scared into wanting to now get rid of the car. Look- against all recommendations (most people would suggest changing your oil at shorter intervals), in the 8 yrs. I have owned my car, I have been only changing my oil at 12-15k mile intervals (using only Mobil 1 0W-40 motor oil), and at 61k miles now on my car, my engine still has not imploded (no D-chunk failure, no slipped sleeve issue, no IMS bolt failure, etc). I do not have an upgraded LN IMS bolt. I do not have the low temp thermostat installed. I do not have that magnetic oil drain plug, and all the other goodies. My engine is still running. Ain't that amazing?! Listen, there may be a hundred different ways an engine can fail, but that does not mean that your engine will not last well over 100k miles without doing any of these upgrades. The percentage that do fail...even if at a high rate of let's say 10%, means that the other 90% will never see any issues whatsover!

I'm not saying that you shouldn't do any of those so called upgrades if you are worried, but it is a shame you are being scared into possibly selling the car, and not enjoying what a wonderful car the Boxster can be because of what you are reading on the internet. Again, take a deep breath, and relax. You car will most likely not implode on you, as the failure rate is still a minority percentage relative to all the cars produced.
i HAVE THE BEARING WHICH i'M SUPPOSED TO CHANGE THIS WEEKEND BUT i WANTED TO KNOW OTHER UPGRADES THAT i COULD DO TO BE SAFE DUE TO THE FACT THAT MY TRANSMISSION AND OTHER THINGS ARE GOING TO BE APART
THANKS IN ADVANCE
tony0214 is offline   Reply With Quote