View Single Post
Old 01-06-2010, 07:37 AM   #1
jhandy

does this sound like the ignition switch?

I have a family of gremlins living in my car as of late. Starting a week ago, the rear truck would open as I am driving down the road, then it stopped. then the cig lighter would not work correctly, still has power, but will not power accessories like radar and phone charger. Now this morning, everytime I would turn on the drivers seat heater, the front truck would open.

I have been noticing that my ignition switch is a bit loose, and is not doing the "clunk" when removing the key.

I have had it replaced soon after i bought the car, because you could remove the key and the car would not turn off until it ran out of gas.

Now the next question, do i replace the "electrical switch" or the whole stalk? do I have old or new version? the replacement of the original 2002 switch was done around 2004ish
Pedro rear stabilizer bar, CF strut braces, Maxspeed headers with 100 cell cats, Fabspeed cat bypass pipes, H&R springs with M030 setup, TRG rear links, EVO air intake, B&M Short shift kit, Raby IMS upgrade, Raby underdrive pulley
jhandy is offline   Reply With Quote