Thread: Blown Engine
View Single Post
Old 01-04-2010, 11:58 AM   #44
Jake Raby
Engine Surgeon

I have been away over the Christmas period and today I am home sick with the Flu... So I thought I'd add a bit to this conversation.

I am a control freak and because of that the reputation of everything we sell has remained flawless. I do not give problems the opportunity to occur and today thats the only way to maintain perfection.

I do prefer to complete the IMSR procedure at my facility where we can evaluate the engine both before and after the process is carried out. We have had a couple of instances where the engine was found to have other impending issues and I refused to apply the bearing retrofit in fear that my work would be blamed for a failure. If the enginefails and it has the IMSR applied it would be fairly simple for someone to blame the bearing or procedure for some off the wall issue.

With us evaluating the engine before and after with dyno evaluations we are able to see exactly what our work has done to the engine and ensure that nothing is left untouched.

Yet again, I would rather ose a sale and lose money as to do a procedure that could forever tarnish the reputation of what Charles and I have expended so much development time in.

The key is sharing knowledge and making people informed of the issues and how to remedy them. Thats what 2010 is dedicated to here at my facility with classes, DVDs and other means of creating reference materials.

I certainly haven't seen a down turn in business, we are at 125% and wide ass open. If it was any better than this I would not know what to do, I guess we chose not to participate in the recession.

BTW- One poetr mentioned that he called my facility and was told that the crs that were driven easier failed more often, well that is the truth based on our numbers. He had talked to my assistant, Dean and ALL that Dean does here is handle failure calls and emails from all over the world while I do my work in the lab. He came in to 7 failure emails this morning! Some people say we are using scare tactics, but thats just not the case as we are only telling the truth and sharing it with the public. Not many people you'll find today are as straight forward as we are.
Jake Raby is offline   Reply With Quote