View Single Post
Old 01-03-2010, 04:35 PM   #2
23109VC

Are front / lower air vents in bumper supposed to be black or gray???

another question!!

the front of my car has always looked like it since I have owned it. these lower vents are white/grayish.... but I believe they may have been black when the car was new and have simply worn the paint off and become the current color... ?

my car is about to go into the body shop, and *IF* I am correct, and these things are supposed to be black, it would be the ideal time to have them either repainted and/or replaced iwth new black ones.

I googled for photos of early model boxsters, but many of the photos are CURRENT photos of OLD cars and they all are like mine...so either they also have worn...or they are supposed to be gray... I don't know.

thanks guys! if I have to repalce these, I believe they are only $30 each and I can get them from a porsche parts guy...but wondered it they are supposed to be black
2006 RL - My daily driver
2000 Boxster - Ocean Blue Base 5spd on Black Full leather. 18" wheels and M030.

Boxster mods I've added: Rear speaker kit, Painted Calipers, Painted Bumperettes, Painted Center Console, 987 Shifter Assembly, 3 Spoke Steering Wheel, Clear side markers, 03+ rear lights, de-snorkeled.

Last edited by 23109VC; 01-03-2010 at 04:42 PM. Reason: add info
23109VC is offline   Reply With Quote