View Single Post
Old 01-03-2010, 09:39 AM   #4
yellowboxster01

Quote:
Originally Posted by JTP
Can you elaborate on what you mean by "almost no resonance"? I've been looking for a good replacement system and I really like the Fabspeed exhausts but have read that these mufflers do drone a bit unless yours is different. I've seen two different styles for 986 from Fabspeed, one is a single wide unit and another two separate cans, and I'm not sure which was reviewed in various threads.
I've got the dual canister which is their latest design. According to Fabspeed their original single canister didn't mount up at the stock points causing more drone than necessary so, they redesigned it.

All aftermarket exhausts have drone it's whether the drone is annoying or not though. Stebro's systems are annoying/headache drone that vibrates the entire interior of the car and your brain. Fabspeed doesn't have annoying resonance although it does have a slight bit of resonance. And the drone is only at about 2700 to 3000rpms. The Stebro's droned all the way from 2000-3000rpms, where you'd be in normal daily driving. 5th gear is where I hear the most resonance with the Fabspeed but, as I've said, it's not annoying and very faint.
yellowboxster01 is offline   Reply With Quote