View Single Post
Old 01-02-2010, 04:07 PM   #14
Mike_Yi

Quote:
Originally Posted by JTP
Can you smell any antifreeze at all and check under the dash for any moisture. Might have to remove some panels or pull up some carpeting to be sure the padding isn't wet. You must have some water inside the cab or a leaking heater core.
I haven't smelled any coolant. However, that doesn't mean it's not leaking. I might check that out, but it's going to have to wait until it gets warmer as the car is outside.

I drove it a couple of times in the last couple of days. As the frost melted, I wiped it up with a rag, then removed the rag from the car. There is much less frost on the inside windows now. I also picked up a couple of containers of silica-gel that are supposed to protect an area of about 66 cu.ft.. I think that should be pretty close on the Box. They have indicators that change color when they are saturated and then I can just throw them in the oven to dry them out again. So far, they're not saturated and they seem to be helping a bit too.

I think when it gets warmer I'm going to have to check the heater core; the drains; and the window, door and top seals. Something's letting moisture in, but it's too cold to go pouring water on the car now.
Mike_Yi is offline   Reply With Quote