View Single Post
Old 12-31-2009, 03:01 PM   #4
Adam

Quote:
Originally Posted by landrovered

In sport mode it shifted quickly and positively but I found the switches on the wheel both confusing and although I did not downshift accidentally, I could see how that would happen in the future. Over rev is a real possibility with the current wheel mounted buttons.
Cheers!

Thanks for the review. Just FYI, you can't over-rev a PDK equipped car. The computer won't serve up the gear you're asking for if it will over-rev the engine. I always thought of myself as a stick shift guy (both my cars are sticks) but after doing a lot of autocross and some track time last year I think PDK is the way I would go now. I think PDK is the better choice if someone intends on doing a good deal of track time. Rev matching and heel and toe is pretty easy for me to do on the street and I've practiced so much I now do it everytime I drive, but out on the track the "three pedal shuffle" is difficult because I can't generate enough braking force with only half my foot on the brake and a foot could slip off the brake pedal which could be potentially very bad.

Last edited by Adam; 12-31-2009 at 03:05 PM.
Adam is offline   Reply With Quote