Thread: Blown Engine
View Single Post
Old 12-28-2009, 07:32 AM   #20
JTP

Quote:
Originally Posted by otis
hi everyone i'm brand new and this is my first post ever.We (wife and I) bought a 2002s last summer i have fallen in love with it,its a complete joy.So now after reading about ims failure and the fact we have no previous maint. doc. and no maintenence agreement i get a scared feeling every time i drive it! It has 44kmi and 6spd stk yellow black top,we posted it on craigslist.
If you love it so much, why sell it? The chance of engine failure exists in every car, and although the threat of IMS failure is real, there are ways to alleviate or reduce the likelihood of an IMS failure. You can easily search for them here. Forums like this one are full of people who are really into their cars and tend to talk about every aspect of the car, some good and some bad, more than your average consumer. Porsches are high performance sports cars and require more maintenance and care than say an old Honda or Chevy but the driving experience is worth the cost. Don't give into fear and sell the car out of a "possible" failure that has not occurred and may not ever occur.
JTP is offline   Reply With Quote