Thread: 987S vs. 997S
View Single Post
Old 12-27-2009, 08:13 PM   #5
Soetekouw

They offered me the same kind of deal 6 months ago, $113K to $89K for a 2009 997S. I thought this seemed like a good chance to upgrade, but was hesitantly going through the motions to do it. (I really like my 2007 Boxster S, but this was a chance to have something different). The Dealer's offer on my trade-in was only $30K. To me, that was an insult on a $75K car which I purchased new from them only two years ago. Either way, I wanted to give the 997 a chance to proof that it would be worth the big investment difference i would be making. I would have to come up with $65K and my trade-in to buy the 997, but after driving it, I did not find the extra in 'oomph' in benefit or pleasure. The 997 may be somewhat faster, but if you don't race, it is really not important, or noticable. The boxster won hands down in agility, looks, overall performance. It was just a pleasure to drive. The Mid-engine handles better than rear-engine. Boxster has two trunks, 997 only one , plus some worthless rear seats that make it look like sedan instead of a sports car.

If you have decided on the 997 then go for it, I think the price is a little high. You should be able to come down on the price by at least another $5K-$9K. As a question, is the car being offered a 2009 blue cabriolet demo? Every dealership received one of these so that others could check out the new pdk transmission. Buying a demo is not what I recommend-unless it has been PPO and all services performed.
Soetekouw is offline   Reply With Quote