View Single Post
Old 12-27-2009, 09:39 AM   #1
23109VC

996 GT3 bumper cost ?

i posted in another thread that m y car was recently hit in a parking lot.

After the hoildays are over, I will take it to the body shop and get an estimate, but my expectation is that my bumper cover will need to be replaced. I would really like to put on the 996 GT3 style bumper... like this one..

My insurance will obviously pay the cost to install a new stock 986 bumper cover....I'm wondering if this style bumper would essentially cost the exact same amount, and I would end up just swapping this thing in at NO real extra cost to me, or do these cost an arm and a leg and/or are there actual mods that are needed to be made under the cover to make it fit, or is a direct bolt on?

if I can get this installed for no cost, or NOT too muchmore, I would likely be able to talk wifey into dropping the extra money. If it's going to run me $1000+++ more, then I'll just be stuck with staying stock....

if I can do this pretty cheap, I'd likely throw on the side skirts...as a package..this bumper and side skirts just make the boxster look absolutely amazing..at least to me!! this is my favorite bumper kit.. then ewer 997 style bumpers are too "out there" looking and seem out of place..this one however, looks very cool but n ot so different to look out of place..

i'm hiping I can make this happen... thanks for your ideas guys!
2006 RL - My daily driver
2000 Boxster - Ocean Blue Base 5spd on Black Full leather. 18" wheels and M030.

Boxster mods I've added: Rear speaker kit, Painted Calipers, Painted Bumperettes, Painted Center Console, 987 Shifter Assembly, 3 Spoke Steering Wheel, Clear side markers, 03+ rear lights, de-snorkeled.
23109VC is offline   Reply With Quote