View Single Post
Old 12-23-2009, 05:32 AM   #15
Adam

Quote:
Originally Posted by RandallNeighbour
I need to put new rear shoes on my 18 inch Carrera lights after about 10k, but I did a DE a while back.

I'm going with Hankooks this time around when I find the cash. My PS2's have been excellent performing and quiet tires throughout their life, but I just don't have $1250 for a new set.

My buddy (Houston_CS4) who burns through three sets of tires on his 07S every year swears by the Hankooks as being just as good as the PS2s or better and they're half the price.

We will see.
Randall, check into the new RS3 Hankooks. They are getting great reviews and doing very well at DE's and auto-x. Only problem is sizes are limited right now and they have less than 10 sizes available. They make a 265/35/18 for the back but up front the closest I found was 245/40/18! I don't think that will fly so hopefully they will make a 235/40/18 or 225/40/18 soon.

Quote:
Originally Posted by eightsandaces
Adam, good list, I'm shopping for the old car and thinking about Kumho or Hanhook as the rim size is so limited the choices are few. I still think Michelin makes a good product...
I switched from PS2's to the Kuhmo XS and my auto-x times dropped by at least a full second and I saved about $500. I'm sure Michelin makes good tires, but just not for what I need them for.

Last edited by Adam; 12-23-2009 at 05:35 AM.
Adam is offline   Reply With Quote