View Single Post
Old 12-22-2009, 01:29 PM   #9
Adam

Quote:
Originally Posted by eightsandaces
My experience has been the opposite, Michelins on my truck are still round and ride smooth with excellent tread wear. I'd love to know which tire it is you think is the best..

and please don't come back with Sumitomo or Goodyear
I was referring to high performance street tires for cars. I don't own a truck and I don't know jack about tires for them. If we're talking car tires, the Pilot Sport 2 is currently Michelins best street tire offering and it's been out on the market for more than a few years now. Bridgestone Re-11, Yokohama AD08, Kumho XS, Hankook RS3, and Dunlop Star Specs all runs circles around PS2's at any autocross or track event and they all cost less, some a lot less. None of the fast guys run PS2's at these type of auto events because they are slower and more expensive than the competition. Michelin needs to up their game if they want to compete with the new crop of aggressive street tires. Michelin has fallen so far out of touch with hardcore enthusiasts and weekend racers nobody uses their stuff. And don't even get me started on R-comp tires. Pilot cups just plain suck compared to what else is out there.

Last edited by Adam; 12-22-2009 at 02:01 PM.
Adam is offline   Reply With Quote