View Single Post
Old 12-22-2009, 09:17 AM   #11
eightsandaces

Quote:
Originally Posted by RandallNeighbour
Bought a new battery at AutoZone yesterday. $104 plus tax. A battery from any stealership in town was $210!!! Plus, I hear the Pcar batteries aren't that good.

The big kicker was the fact that the batteries had the same specs and the Porsche battery was five pounds heavier than the replacement brand. Sheesh!

I wanted a Costco battery but they didn't have them in stock, couldn't/wouldn't order one for me, and had no friggin' idea when they would get some in stock. I hate that.

Sure was nice to get in and fire it right up on the first turn of the crank. Nothing beats a brand new battery or brand new tires.

BTW, I refuse to buy anything from the stealership parts counter in Houston. I work too hard for my money to give them 250% of retail on most items. Yes, it's really that bad.

My former boss had purchased two new cars from the local Porsche dealer I had a radio code issue at the time, he said to tell them who I am and where I work when asking for an assist. They never helped me, wanted serious cash to do so, then the seller came through, Porsche dealers are snobby bastards for the most part.
eightsandaces is offline   Reply With Quote